how to boot or access problem file system

PJ af.gourmet at videotron.ca
Fri Jul 31 20:44:26 UTC 2009

PJ wrote:
> Roland Smith wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 03:42:43PM -0400, PJ wrote:
>>
>>> Basically, the news is not good.
>>> The directories & files are not what I had to begin with.
>>> ls /dev/ad0s1 or any disk/slice merely gets: Permission denied.
>>>
>> Now that is certainly weird. :-) I've never come across something
>> like that.
>> What do 'mount' and 'ls -ld /dev' return? Maybe /dev is mounted with
>> incorrect permissions. You are logged in as root, I presume?
Now, how could I be logged in? from livefs?
On bootup, I see ar0 boot error or something like that...
ls /dev ... shows ad0, ad10, ad12, ad4 and ar0
ad0 only has ad0s1 (I assume this to be ntfs
ad10 also has s1, s1a, s1b, c, d, e, e, suffixes
ad4 has s1, s1a, s1b, no c, but d, e, f suffixes
The stench from Denmark is getting to me... ;-)