source code licensing questions

son goku ryu.planka at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 12:42:32 UTC 2009

Thanks guys for the prompt answers!!!
It seems weird that code that uses dtrace must be opened. I mean every
serious production level application must have some dtrace-like mechanism
inside to collect online information when needed. It is a shame that because
of licensing issues, I will have to roll-my-own and re-invent the wheel all
over again, probably with cruder and implementation that is more flawed
compared to dtrace.

I wonder what all the proprietary modules for Solaris  (VxVM jumps to
mind...)  or BSD do? Or there are no such modules anymore...