OpenVPN Client

Bill Campbell freebsd at celestial.com
Sat Jul 25 16:53:13 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009, Leonardo M. Ram? wrote:

>Hi, I'm trying to connect to an OpenVPN server in my office. To do this, I
>installed "OpenVPN 2.0.6 i386-portbld-freebsd7.2 [SSL] [LZO]" from ports,
>and looking at different tutorials I found it needs a config file in
>/usr/local/etc/openvpn/openvpn.conf. The problem here, is that our server
>provides an "client.ovpn" file containing all the connection params needed
>by a client, in fact, we connect windows machines just by installing
>"OpenVPN_Installer.exe", it configures a TAP device and a client that reads
>the client.ovpn file.

You can probably just ``mv client.ovpn client.conf'' and use that
(along with the other files provided with keys, etc.).  The
Tunnelblick OpenVPN client I use on my Macs recognizes either.

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186  Skype: jwccsllc (206) 855-5792

Freedom from prices is freedom from responsibility. You can simply pass
laws, using the magic wand of government to satisfy your own desires at
unspecified costs to be paid by others. -- Thomas Sowell Aug 2000