A question for developers

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Sat Jul 25 12:46:05 UTC 2009

Erich Dollansky wrote:

> let me answer very shortly.

[..snip..]

> ee is really just useful for very basic editing. But this is the
> idea behind ee.

I'd like to thank everyone for all of the well thought out, detailed and
informative feedback.

As far as ee, it's all I've really used for the last 10 years for pretty
much everything :)

In years gone by, I've toyed with both Emacs and vi. I'm no stranger to
using CNTL functions frequently (ee), but I've always felt more at home
with vi. I just never put in the initial effort to make it stick. I'm
going to give vim a go. It's what I've been contemplating for quite some
time anyway, and the recent post brought it to the surface.

Thanks everyone. I've saved all of the relevant links, code snips and
keystrokes for further perusal.

Steve