vim port have a lot of broken links ??
steve at ibctech.ca
Sat Jul 25 02:09:01 UTC 2009
Steve Bertrand wrote:
> Kalle Møller wrote:
>> Well any other port works flawless. It's only the vim ports (other = screen
>> sudo wget bash apache22 mysql-server subversion etc)
>> And the ISP is not the problem - I works for them in the network department
>> (its on a 10 G link :D )
>> I just made a make distclean and make again
>> => vim-7.2.tar.bz2 doesn't seem to exist in /tmp/ports/distfiles/vim.
>> => Attempting to fetch from http://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/unix/.
>> fetch: transfer timed out
>> => Attempting to fetch from http://mirrors.24-7-solutions.net/pub/vim/unix/.
>> vim-7.2.tar.bz2 100% of 7034 kB 254 kBps
>> This takes 2-3 min And the 24-7 site only have to around 190.... the last
>> 40 needs to wait for both primary and 24-7 to timeout before the 3rd site
> I don't know which network department you work in at your ISP, but in
> this ISP's "network department", we *never* disclaim the possibility of
> having an issue until the problem has been resolved, and we know
> *exactly* _what_ it was, and _where_ it was (yes, I'm a little sensitive
> to blind claims that "it's not our fault" ;)
>> Looked a little deeper... It seems like I can
>> wget http://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.2/7.2.002
>> But i cannont
>> fetch http://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.2/7.2.002
>> wget goes smoothly but fetch times out
> Both work here:
> # fetch -4 http://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.2/7.2.002
> 7.2.002 100% of 1462 B 9327 kBps
> # wget -4 http://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.2/7.2.002
> 2009-07-24 21:52:01 (113 MB/s) - `7.2.002.1' saved [1462/1462]
> However, it seems as though ftp.vim.org is IPv6 enabled, but both fetch
> and wget time-out when trying to reach it over IPv6.
To elaborate, the ftp.vim.org is reachable via IPv6:
# ping6 ftp.vim.org
PING6(56=40+8+8 bytes) 2607:f118::b6 --> 2001:610:1:80aa:192:87:102:42
16 bytes from 2001:610:1:80aa:192:87:102:42, icmp_seq=0 hlim=55
So that means that the issue is likely due to the FTP application's
interaction with v6 at the network layer that is the issue.
I've found this to be common, and very acceptable as IPv6 adoption moves
I'd suspect that your machine is trying v6 first, and failing after a
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 3233 bytes
Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
Url : http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/attachments/20090725/494a9c71/smime-0001.bin
More information about the freebsd-questions