vim port have a lot of broken links ??

Kalle Møller freebsd-questions at k-moeller.dk
Sat Jul 25 01:37:39 UTC 2009

Well any other port works flawless. It's only the vim ports (other = screen
sudo wget bash apache22 mysql-server subversion etc)

And the ISP is not the problem - I works for them in the network department
(its on a 10 G link :D )

I just made a make distclean and make again

=> vim-7.2.tar.bz2 doesn't seem to exist in /tmp/ports/distfiles/vim.
=> Attempting to fetch from http://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/unix/.
fetch: transfer timed out
=> Attempting to fetch from http://mirrors.24-7-solutions.net/pub/vim/unix/.
vim-7.2.tar.bz2                               100% of 7034 kB  254 kBps
00m00s

This takes 2-3 min And the 24-7 site only have to around 190....  the last
40 needs to wait for both primary and 24-7 to timeout before the 3rd site
"delivers"

Looked a little deeper... It seems like I can

wget http://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.2/7.2.002

But i cannont

fetch http://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.2/7.2.002

wget goes smoothly but fetch times out

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 1:11 AM, Bob Hall <rjhjr0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 09:13:43PM +0200, Kalle Mller wrote:
> > When I try to install vim from ports it tries 4-5 sites which all have to
> > time out... and with a 200 files.. thats a lot of timeouts.. Who should I
> > poke to, so the mirrors would be updated ??
> >
> > --
> >
> > Med Venlig Hilsen
>
> Hi Kalle,
>
> If several servers are timing out, there's a good chance that the
> problem is at your end. Either you or your ISP might be having a
> problem. If you haven't changed anything (hardware, software,
> configuration, ISP), then the problem is likely to be temporary.
>
> If the problem is a spike in activity that's overburdoning the servers,
> the following may help:
> /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/fastest-sites
>
> Med venlige hilser til deg ogsaa.

Med Venlig Hilsen