X won't start after port upgrade

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 24 18:03:30 UTC 2009

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 16:34:35 +0200
"Leslie Jensen" <leslie at eskk.nu> wrote:

> I've followed every advice in /usr/ports/UPDATING
>
> The portmaster -r jpeg* returns "No match".
>
> portmaster -r jpeg-7 rebuilds only jpeg-7 no other ports!
>
> After this upgrade my X won't start :-(
>
> Any hints?

Including the log output, it there is any, might be a good idea.

Personally, I like 'portmanager' for fixing problems like this. Since
you gave no indication of what the problem might be, you could try this
for starters. Rebuild the xorg-7.4_2 meta port. Be sure to update you
ports tree first, then run:

portmanager x11/xorg -p -y -l

If X still won't start, you may have to rebuild your window manager as
well.

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com

If you could only get that wonderful feeling of
accomplishment without having to accomplish anything.