jpeg-7 - rebuild all dependencies - how?

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 24 17:51:21 UTC 2009

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 13:55:42 +0100
"Daniel Bye" <danielby at slightlystrange.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 02:03:43PM +0200, Ewald Jenisch wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Updating one of my sytems I followed /usr/ports/UPDATING and did a
> > "pkg_delete -r jpeg-6b_7" - only to discover that everything that
>
> Au contraire, Blackadder. UPDATING says to run either of
>
> portmaster -r jpeg*
>
> OR
>
> portupgrade -fr graphics/jpeg

Which, unfortunately, does not build /x11/kdelibs3 with the updated
jpeg library. I had to make a link from the old library to the new one
to get the update to work correctly. I know that some have suggested
that, that is not the proper way to do it; however, the fact that it
works is all I was interested in.

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com

Conquering Russia should be done steppe by steppe.