upgrade from Firefox 3.0 to Firefox 3.5 -- now that it's installed, it won't run

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Sat Jul 18 19:43:08 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 08:06:58PM +0200, Frank Steinborn wrote:

> Ok, now this seems to be a problem with libpthread-stuff. The problem
> only exists in 6.x. Sorry that I did not mention that earlier, but it
> just crossed my mind right now... However, someone is working at it.
> He also mentions some workarounds you could try.
>
> Please read the thread "www/firefox35 coredumps every time at startup"
> on ports at .

That doesn't seem to have worked out for me, either, exactly.  I tried
creating the /etc/libmap.conf file as offered for a workaround:

    [/usr/local/lib/firefox3/firefox-bin]
    libpthread.so.2             libthr.so.2
    libpthread.so               libthr.so

. . . but this is the result:

    > firefox3

    (firefox-bin:39533): GLib-GObject-WARNING **:
    IA__g_object_weak_unref: couldn't find weak ref 0x29e9ce10(0x809a330)
    Segmentation fault