upgrade from Firefox 3.0 to Firefox 3.5

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Sat Jul 18 08:40:39 UTC 2009

Chad Perrin wrote:

> Do you know this from personal experience, or are you just assuming that
> I won't pull out all my hair five seconds after I discover it deleted a
> bunch of shit I wanted to keep?

portupgrade -o www/firefox35 -f firefox-3.0.X

worked for me, no problems.  You'll have to reinstall any xpi- modules
but that's about it.  Oh, the "you've been upgraded" page FF takes you to
on first invocation has an embedded Ogg/Theora movie which seems to
crash the browser immediately: xpi-noscript helps there.

Also be aware of this:

   http://secunia.com/advisories/35798/
   http://www.vuxml.org/freebsd/c1ef9b33-72a6-11de-82ea-0030843d3802.html

	Cheers