Automatic screen lock when leaving desk

Frederique Rijsdijk frederique at isafeelin.org
Wed Jul 15 09:20:25 UTC 2009

Hi all,

Frederique Rijsdijk wrote:
> I'm looking for a way to automaticaly lock my X session when I leave my
> desk. Probably just using 'xlockmore -mode blank' or such. But how to
> detect?

Thanks all for the replies. To answer some questions:

- I prefer automatic. I already have a key on my kb mapped to 'xlockmore
-mode blank', but in some rare cases I still forget to do it, or I'm in
an application that overrides the mapping and the key will not work. I'm
using a DasKeyboard, that doesn't have any 'unused' keys like media stuff.

I guess I'll look into the bluetooth thing. That looks quite doable.

Thanks!

-- Frederique