Remove FreeBSD Boot Manager

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at msu.edu
Sun Jul 12 02:12:14 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 05:26:09PM -0400, Daniel Underwood wrote:

-> When I installed, I created a FreeBSD slice occupying my entire HD.  I
-> then created partitions occupying, together, my entire HD.  In other
-> words, I never intend to install another OS.  I should have chosen
-> *not* to install a boot manager, but I did.

The boot manager doesn't hurt anything just being there.  It takes up
only a sector that will not be used by anything else.

->
-> Is there anyway now to remove the boot manager, or at least set it to
-> automatically select an entry ("F1: FreeBSD" being the only entry)?

It does that automatically.    It will always default to the last one
that you selected.   So, it you have booted once and selected F1:FreeBSD
then that will automatically selected the next time unless you change it.

////jerry