Portupgrade not handling dependencies

Ivailo Tanusheff i.tanusheff at procreditbank.bg
Wed Jul 8 06:27:27 UTC 2009

Hi,

There are few steps I may suggest to you:

1. Update CVS, i.e. use cvsup -L 2 -g
2. cd /usr/ports && make fetchindex
3. portsdb -fr && pkgdb -Ffv
4. portupdate -v -i -a -y

If the same problem still exists there is a not so clean step to make:

1. cd multimedia/ffmpeg
2. FORCE_PKG_REGISTER=yes make install clean
3. portsdb -fr && pkgdb -Ffv
4. portupdate -v -i -a -y

Repeat the above for every mismatched port. I know, it is not clean, but
once you fix all necessary ports - there will be no problems in the future
:)

Regards,

Ivailo Tanusheff
Deputy Head of IT Department
ProCredit Bank (Bulgaria) AD

Eric Sheesley <esheesle at shadowlair.com>
Sent by: owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
08.07.2009 04:09

"b. f." <bf1783 at googlemail.com>, freebsd-questions at FreeBSD.org
cc

Subject
Re: Portupgrade not handling dependencies

Actually, the bsdpan package is not the issue here.  I was aware it
wouldn't update that(no port for this perl module yet anyway).

If you notice, it doesn't proceed to install ffmpeg, i force it
to(highlighted by ************):

** Listing the failed packages (-:ignored / *:skipped / !:failed)
**************>> %portupgrade -a
>> --->  Skipping 'bsdpan-Acme-Damn-0.04' because it is held by user
>> (specify -f to force)
>> --->  Upgrading 'ffmpeg-2008.07.27_10' to 'ffmpeg-2008.07.27_11'
>> (multimedia/ffmpeg)

It should upgrade ffmpeg automatically, but doesn't and that is the issue.