Hide Terminal window (using xfce4. and 7.2-RELEASE)?

Daniel Underwood djuatdelta at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 19:57:16 UTC 2009

Whenever I run the particular Linux MATLAB installation I have access
to, it must be run from the command-line.  Consequently, I have the
MATLAB gui and an open terminal window (which only gets in the way).
Is there a way to "hide" this terminal window completely?  If I close
it, MATLAB closes.  I know I can move it to another Workspace, but I'm
hoping there's another way.

I don't mind that the Terminal window opens whenever I run MATLAB, I
would just like to be able to hide it each time.

NOTE: When I say "hide", I mean simply make it not show up on the
screen.  I do not mean hide the process or anything of that nature.

TIA,
Daniel