POLL: Linux preferences from FreeBSD users

Doug Poland doug at polands.org
Fri Jul 3 16:03:46 UTC 2009

Daniel Underwood wrote:
> QUESTION: Of the various modern Linux distributions, which do you
> prefer? and why?
>
> I'm very interested to see the spread of opinion about Linux
> distributions from FreeBSD fans.

I've been using FreeBSD since 2.2.1 and I implement and support FreeBSD
whenever I can.  That said, many companies already have a *nix
infrastructure and one must use what one is given.  I find Red Hat is
the most common linux distribution out there.  CentOS is often used by
these same companies for dev and test environments.

Occasionally end-users will ask me to recommend a version of linux to
play with and I point them to Ubuntu.

--
Regards,
Doug