Load balancing multiple virtual hosts on 1 IP

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Sat Jan 31 05:39:43 PST 2009

Simple: is it possible?

I have two VMs that contain the same content, on two different IPs .. I
want to setup a third VM with something like haproxy on it that will take
the URL (http://domain1) and pull the content from one or the other ...

So far, all works well if I only have one virtual host, but as soon as I
add a second one (http://domain2), when I try to go to http://domain2, it
pulls up the content for domain1 also, as if I was going to http://IP
instead.

Is there a way to set this up (with haproxy, or some other software), that
it will actually pass the URL through to the backend apache server and
load up the right content?  Or is this a limitation in the protocol
itself?/

Thx

----