ISOs

Mario Lobo mlobo at digiart.art.br
Thu Jan 29 11:48:59 PST 2009

   -----Mensagem original-----
   De: IT2 Stuart Blake Tener, USNR
   Enviada em: 29/01/2009 13:50:32
   Assunto: ISOs
   Dear Sir or Ma'am:
   I have tried to search Google and that, but probably am not using t   he
   right conglomerate of keywords to find what I want to know, so I am   resigned
   to asking you.
   I recently noticed that there are quite a number of DVDs and CD-ROM   out
   for FreeBSD, and I'd like to give it a try. So I downloaded the amd   64-all
   torrent, but I fear I likely have more ISOs than I need.
   Does the "dvd1" include the contents of the docs?
   What are all the other ISOs?
   I saw no documentation on the freebsd.org site descriptive what I a   asking.
   7.1-RELEASE-amd64-bootonly.iso
   7.1-RELEASE-amd64-disc1.iso
   7.1-RELEASE-amd64-disc2.iso
   7.1-RELEASE-amd64-disc3.iso
   7.1-RELEASE-amd64-docs.iso
   7.1-RELEASE-amd64-dvd1.iso
   7.1-RELEASE-amd64-livefs.iso
   Thanks in advance, and have a blessed day.
   --
   Very Respectfully,
   IT2 Stuart Blake Tener, USNR
   NIPRNET: stuart.tener at navy.mil
   NIPRNET: stuart.b.tener at us.army.mil
   NRO: teners at nro.mil
   TS/SCI: tenerstu at nro.ic.gov (GWAN)
   attachments,   for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confi   dential
   and/or privileged information, though strictly at the UNCLASSIFIED    level.
   Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibi   ted. If
   you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by re   ply
   e-mail and destroy all copies of the originate message.
   Hi there Stuart;
   Here are the basic descriptions;
   7.1-RELEASE-amd64-bootonly.iso
   - Very small iso. Just enough to boot FBSD but no enough for repairs
   on   7.1-RELEASE-amd64-disc1.iso
   7.1-RELEASE-amd64-disc2.iso
   7.1-RELEASE-amd64-disc3.iso
   7.1-RELEASE-amd64-docs.iso
   All of the above are CDROM isos. #1 is the install CD and the o   are the packages spreaded.
   7.1-RELEASE-amd64-dvd1.iso
   - all of  the 4 above in 1 DVD. No need to switch discs during the   install.
   7.1-RELEASE-amd64-livefs.iso
   - This is the CD required for a fixit session.
   In my opinion, I´d grab the 7.1-RELEASE-amd64-disc1.iso. Install the
      the pack   I hope this helps.
   Best wishes,   Mario Lobo
   ______________   freebsd-questions at freebsd.org mailing list