6.8 became very slow

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Thu Jan 29 07:28:52 PST 2009

On Thursday 29 January 2009 02:44:56 Artem Kuchin wrote:
> I have  a very strange situation here. There was a hosting box with 5
> jails.
> Everything is 6.4
> It was running twe driver with RAID 5.
>
> Then i had a crash and had to reinstall the system.
>
> So, i have installed FREEBSD 6.8, cvsed the latest, rebuilt everything
> and then
> just copied jails from the prev installation. So, the host system is 6.8
> and the jails are 6.4.
> Also, raid is MIRROR now, not RAID5.

If you had to reinstall, you may have missed a boot loader configuration. I
would investigate how your raid5 went to MIRROR, that would certainly account
for the high system time if the OS and raid card think differently about the
raid system used.
How you'd go about this, is for someone else to answer. I personally would
compare daily runs and dmesg's saved from before reinstall with current
installation.

--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.