Steps to upgrade from 7.0-RELEASE to 7.1-RELEASE

krad at snaffler.net krad at snaffler.net
Thu Jan 29 01:37:37 PST 2009

here is howto rebuild you system via cvs

dump this into a file

--------------->8

*default host=cvsup.uk.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_7
*default delete use-rel-suffix
src-all

--------------->8

add these lines to /etc/make.conf

SUP_UPDATE=     yes
SUPFILE=   <file u just created>

then

cd /usr/src
make update && make buildworls && make buildkernel && make installkernel

( if you are multicore do a -j 8 or something on the build lines,
anything upto 32 should build ok )

reboot

cd /usr/src
mergmaster -p
make installworld
mergmaster

reboot

i theory tou should rebuild all your ports now as well, but generally i
never both and havent had trouble

if you dont have anything in /usr/src or dont have one just install the
base src distribution from sysinstall

or

download install.sh, sbase.aa, sbase.inf from you favorite freebsd
mirror and do a

./install.sh base

eg mine is here

http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/7.1-RELEASE/src/