FreeBSD 7.0 reboots on Dell 2950

Michael toth mtoth at queldor.net
Tue Jan 27 13:09:41 PST 2009

Proskurin Kirill wrote:
> Michael Toth wrote:
>>
>> Proskurin Kirill wrote:

>>> Hm
>>>
>>> Port:   megarc-1.51
>>> Info:   LSI Logic's MegaRAID controlling software
>>> Maint:  gerrit.beine at gmx.de
>>> B-deps:
>>> R-deps:
>>> WWW:    http://www.lsilogic.com/products/megaraid/
>>>
>>> Do you think it can work with Dell controller?
>>>
>> I know it works w/ the Dell controllers, I have also had issues with it
>> where it randomly made my machines (all Power Edge 2950 running 7.x)
>> core dump
>
> mail# cd /usr/ports/sysutils/megarc
> mail# make install clean
> ===>  megarc-1.51 is marked as broken: Running megarc seems to cause
> memory corruption.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/sysutils/megarc.
> mail#
>
> Hm. Do I really need it? :-)

No, you do not really need it, it would just allow you to get
information from the raid controller (and as I said before this port
caused me issues and core dump'd my machines)
I was more trying to get at IF you were running this that if may have
been the cause of your issues.

As someone else has already mentioned you really need to find out if
there is a kernel panic or not and going from there.

[ Queldor ]
(Warning: This message may cause you to understand something)