FreeBSD 7.1 SMP on IBM x330 Dual Processor server

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Tue Jan 27 08:56:25 PST 2009

On Tuesday 27 January 2009 06:57:32 Tom Everett wrote:
> How does the kernel I would build from that link differ from the stock
> 7.1 kernel?

It doesn't. It's the generic "upgrading fixes all" advice.
I don't see anything since 7.1-RELEASE in 7.1-STABLE even, that would have the
potential to fix your problem.

Best thing you can do:
0) Check BIOS if there's something there that can make a CPU 'invisible'.
1) subscribe to freebsd-acpi and ask there if people have seen this before.
2) recompile kernel for acpi debugging, so you have information ready when
people ask for it
3) regardless of the 1), search for or file a new PR with your ACPI
information.

More info here:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/acpi-debug.html
http://www.freebsd.org/support/bugreports.html