errors on pkg_create for p5-* ports

Anton Berezin tobez at tobez.org
Tue Jan 27 06:15:14 PST 2009

Matthias,

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 02:15:00PM +0100, Matthias Apitz wrote:

> After installing 7.1R ports (portupgraded) I'm trying to create packages
> of all the ~1000 installed packages; 8 packages, all belonging to
> bsdpan-* packages from ports/www/p5-* (exact list below) are giving
> errors; what could I do?

Something is very interesting here.  If you used ports to install those
modules, there will be no bsdpan packages, there will be p5 packages.

If you installed modules directly from CPAN, there will be bsdpan packages.

So before trying to figure out the problem with pkg_create, it would be
useful to figure out how the modules in question were installed, and if the
answer is "directly from CPAN", why the "real" ports were not used for the
task.

Another interesting question is whether a previous version of lang/perl5.8
(5.8.8) was installed at some point, and whether perl-after-upgrade script
was run after the upgrade to 5.8.9 (as per ports/UPDATING entry).

\Anton.
--
There is no beauty in entropy. -- Eliezer Yudkowsky