Programs loading but sitting in limbo whilst not displaying

Warren Liddell shinjii at maydias.com
Tue Jan 27 00:17:33 PST 2009

Im running FreeBSD 7.1-STABLE AMD64 KDE4.1.4 and recently for no reason i can
think of when i try and load FireFox or Thunderbird, according to my process
list, the applications are running, but yet they dont ever show up in KDE to
use//liaise with.  I have even started them from command line but again,
nothing, it just sits there, no error msg, but process list again, sais there
running.

I have tried recompiling both ports with no success and im runnin gout of
theorys as to whats happening.

Any ideas/thoughts welcomed.