hex editors, disk info

Alex Karpovic alekar2009 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 06:33:28 PST 2009

> That in mind, what's wrong with bpatch?  I've used it for binary patching, it
> works just fine that that (if my first assumption is totally off-base).  You
> download from the device, change any required data, and (if the device allows
> writes) write it back to the device.  Of course, not all devices allow writes.

It's a bit uncomfortable. Just for example: I need to search some
signatures, which could be anywhere in 640Gb disk, and make some
changes around them. And I don't have spare 640+ Gb to copy whole disk
to. And even if I would have enough space, it is painfully slow to
move 640Gb twice just to make ten minutes editing.