how to install all p5-* one shot

Johan Hendriks Johan at double-l.nl
Mon Jan 26 05:29:56 PST 2009

>> 2009/1/26 Saifi Khan <saifi.khan at twincling.org>:
>>> Hi all:
>>>
>>> There are many PERL packages in ports whose names are prefixed with p5-* .
>>>
>>> How does one install all the p5-* packages one shot ?
>>>
>>> Is there a way one can do it with the options available in ports
>>> or does one need to write a script to locate all the dir names
>>> starting with p5-* ?
>>>
>>> Any pointer in this direction will be appreciated.
>>
>> % cd /usr/ports
>> % find . -name "p5\-*" | wc -l
>>

>> Good idea? Then try:
>>
>> % sudo portmaster -i */p5\-*
>>
>> - Herbert

>Thanks Herbert.

>I'd did not know about 'portmaster' until you mentioned in your mail.
>Wow, so i got cvsup, portsnap and now portmaster :)

>--
>thanks
>Saifi.

I don't think (i am actually sure) that you can not install all the p5-* ports.
A lot of ports conflict with each other.

So it is better to install the p5-* ports you actually need.
And the good thing about the ports tree is that they will be when installing software that require those p5-* ports.

Regards,
Johan Hendriks