technical drawing program

Frank Staals frankstaals at gmx.net
Fri Jan 23 08:23:23 PST 2009

Boris Samorodov wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 11:28:19 +0100 Frank Staals wrote:
>

>> It's a shame the FreeBSD port's version is so old (6.0-pre23 while the
>> current version is allready  6.0-pre31 (or even 6.0-pre32 I'm not
>> sure) though.
>>

> Do you know that saying "it's a shame..." you are actually speaking
> about yourself either? The port is maintained by ports at FreeBSD.org
> (it's a public maillist). That means that the port is maintained by
> all FreeBSD users uncluding you. Since you use this port you may
> consider updating the port and send a PR about it. That's may be
> your contribution to the project. You even may become a maintainer
> of the port. Thanks for your contribution in advance!
>

> WBR

Hehe, to be honest I kind of expected this kind of reply from someone.
Some time ago I attempted something like a port, however my knowlege at
that time was not sufficient to get it running. Currently I'm running an
OS X system as my default platform (since FreeBSD still lacked/lacks
decent sleep/hybernation support; and for that seriously applies I do
not have the knowlege to fix it) so maintaining a port is going to be
difficult. However maybe I'll try again just to prove myself I can
create a port.

So in short: When I was saying "it's a shame.." I was also refering to
myself indeed ...

Regards,

--

- Frank