How to re-start freebsd-update?

Ian no-spam at people.net.au
Thu Jan 22 18:30:57 PST 2009

Hi,
I've started upgrading a machine from 7.0 to 7.1 using freebsd-update. It's
the first time I've upgraded to a new os version with it (always used cvsup/
make world & mergemaster before).

All was going well until it came to merging the new & old conf files. I wasn't
quite sure what to do when asked to edit some of the files (it's not the same
as mergemaster), so I did what I thought was best (having made a backup
of /etc first!)

Anyway, once that was finished, it then showed me the resulting merged files
and asked if each one looked reasonable. I answered yes to the first one, but
with the second file wasn't right, so I answered no - assuming it would give
me the chance to edit the file again (like mergemaster does).

Instead it just dumped me back at the command prompt with no indication as to
how to proceed from there.

I tried running the freebsd-update install command again, but it said no
updates are available to install, run freebsd-update fetch first.

Is there some way I can resume the upgrade process? Or do I need to do a
rollback and then fetch & update again?

Cheers,
--
Ian