Edit user groups

Clifton Royston cliftonr at lava.net
Tue Jan 20 14:29:46 PST 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 03:09:16PM -0500, Akenner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE and I have multiple user accounts set up.
> I made about 4 for myself to use and do various testing with, and made
> some for my Wife as well because She knows UNIX better than I do anyway heh.
>
> Anyway, one of the things I forgot about, was that FreeBSD by default
> doesn't allow just anyone to use su.

Good advice given so far (pw is a good tool, direct editing works) but
I'd also suggest you consider installing and using sudo; I always
install it on all of my systems and use it probably 10-20 times as
often as su.

  -- Clifton

--
    Clifton Royston  --  cliftonr at iandicomputing.com / cliftonr at lava.net