Cannot get ethernet off the ground

William Gordon Rutherdale will.rutherdale at utoronto.ca
Sun Jan 18 10:26:39 PST 2009

Okay, I had a busy week but finally got back to this machine and made a
fresh attempt at installing FreeBSD on it.

I followed your advice and made the whole hard drive into a gigantic
partition mounted on /, except that I also created a 20GB swap partition.

Everything installed fine, including configuration of the ethernet adapter.

So now I'm in on the FreeBSD world.

Thanks for the help.

-Will