stable-supfile --> freebsd-update

Roy Stuivenberg roys1012 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 12:56:14 PST 2009

    I am wondering.
   After installing freebsd 7.1 RELEASE, I did csup stable-supfile , en
   completed the proces of make buildword, etc, etc ..
   Everything went fine, but when I try --> freebsd-update fetch, is says
   rs-unix# freebsd-update fetch
   Looking up update.FreeBSD.org <http://update.freebsd.org/> mirrors... 4
mirrors found.
   Fetching metadata signature for 7.1-STABLE from update2.FreeBSD.org...
   failed.
   Fetching metadata signature for 7.1-STABLE from update1.FreeBSD.org...
   failed.
   Fetching metadata signature for 7.1-STABLE from update4.FreeBSD.org...
   failed.
   Fetching metadata signature for 7.1-STABLE from update3.FreeBSD.org...
   failed.
   No mirrors remaining, giving up.
   I was thinking, I have to change the freebsd-update.conf file, but don't
   know what to change ..
   Anyone to help me on this?
   Regards,
   Roy.
rs-unix# uname -a
   FreeBSD rs-unix.roycs.nl 7.1-STABLE FreeBSD 7.1-STABLE #0: Mon Jan 12
   00:41:54 CET 2009     12oy at rs-unix.roycs.nl:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
   i386