Bios chip update suggestions

Chris Whitehouse cwhiteh at onetel.com
Fri Jan 16 04:48:18 PST 2009

Fbsd1 wrote:
> I have an desktop manufactured in 2002 by a South Korean company Hyunju.
> The company is now out of business.
> It's bio's do not allow booting from a usb memory stick.
>
> I want to find an bio's update that adds booting from usb memory stick.
>
> I know the desktop uses AWARD bio's chip and the bio's id string is
> 01/08/2002-694T-686-P6VXM2TC-00
>
> All the internet bio's chip update url's found by Google search are
> customized for MS windows.
>
> Suggestions on how or where to purchase the correct bio's chip update?

What do you mean the update url's are customised for windows? The bios
doesn't know anything about operating system. Most likely you could
download a dos boot disk image - google, there are plenty around -
create a bootable floppy and copy your latest bios image and bios update
program, eg awdflash.exe onto it. Just boot from the floppy and run the
update.

Just be sure the bios image is really intended for your motherboard and
don't interrupt the update.

Chris