Foiling MITM attacks on source and ports trees

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Fri Jan 9 20:40:54 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 09:08:56PM -0800, Walt Pawley wrote:
> At 12:31 PM -0700 1/6/09, Chad Perrin wrote:
>
> >On the other hand, I don't trust Verisign, either.
>
> What's to trust? If you pay them, you "in."

Exactly.  That's why I -- as the guy sitting in front of the *browser* --
don't trust Verisign to do my authentication and authorization thinking
for me.  There's at minimum a potential for conflict of interest there,
in addition to the likelihood (now realized, in the form of leveraging
MD5 to crack Verisign cert authenticity) of bureaucratic incompetence
producing disaster entirely by accident.

--
Chad Perrin [ content licensed OWL: http://owl.apotheon.org ]
Quoth James Madison: "If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it