Help with dmesg (problem solved)

Rem P Roberti remegius at comcast.net
Fri Jan 9 08:55:26 PST 2009

OK...follow me through on this one.  The line 48 that was referred to in
the error message as being in sendmail.cf was actually line 48 in the
/etc/mail/freebsd.mc file, and subsequently in the <hostname>.mc file
that is created with the "make" command.  That line is:
OSTYPE(freebsd6), and it points to .m4 files in the
/usr/share/sendmail/cf/ostype directory.  Well, I had changed (don't
even ask me why) OSTYPE(freebsd6) to OSTYPE(freebsd7.1) in the before
mentioned files and, of course, there is no .m4 file that references
freebsd7.1.  This messed up everything.  Once I put everything back the
way it is supposed to be, and carefully followed the clamav installation
instructions...guess what.  All is well.  There is a lesson here, and
hopefully I have learned it.

Rem