FreeBSD 7.1, nvidia-driver, GeForce 8500 GT

Giuseppe Pagnoni gpagnoni at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 23:58:24 PST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Giuseppe Pagnoni <gpagnoni at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 6:11 PM
Subject: Re: FreeBSD 7.1, nvidia-driver, GeForce 8500 GT
To: Pieter de Goeje <pieter at degoeje.nl>

Dear Pieter,

thanks for the information.  Unfortunately, putting the line
hw.physmem="3G" in /boot/loader.conf as you suggested does not prevent
the system from crashing when starting X (even using "2G"), while
taking physically out the 2G memory bank  from the motherboard does.
That's a pity because this being a dual boot system, I could have left
the 4 GB of RAM in when using the other OS....   Is there any other
option that you would be aware of?

thanks again

giuseppe

--