USB printer problem [SOLVED]

Mario Lobo mlobo at digiart.art.br
Tue Jan 6 14:07:09 PST 2009

mario wrote:

> I replaced the ppd and still no go:

> Location: Local Printer
> Printer Driver: HP DeskJet 3320 Foomatic/hpijs (recommended)
> Printer State: idle, accepting jobs, published.
> Device URI: hp:/usb/Deskjet_D1500_series?serial=BR8AEFN0N0058V
>

> All I get is:
>
> "/usr/local/libexec/cups/filter/foomatic-rip failed"
>
> and again nothing gets printed.

IT WORKED !!

I finalinally found what was wrong !.

the error i was getting was:

 Ghostscript 8.63: Can't start ijs server "hpijs"

then I found this bug report for ghostscript:

From-To:	freebsd-ports-bugs->doceng
By:	pav
When:	Wed Nov 12 16:19:39 UTC 2008
Why:	Assign to maintainer

From:	Peter Orlowski <petero at itp.physik.tu-berlin.de>
Date:	Tue, 18 Nov 2008 16:41:30 +0100

This seems to be related to the pthread lib. Setting

STDLIBS=-lm
SYNC=nosync

in work/ghostscript8.63/src/Makefile.in fixes the error.

That did it. The printer now works perfectly !

Thanks Gonzalo for your ever-lasting good will, patience and support !
God bless you !
--
Mario Lobo
http://www.mallavoodoo.com.br