PHP setup question

stan stanb at panix.com
Sun Jan 4 12:09:41 PST 2009

On Sun, Jan 04, 2009 at 01:00:44PM -0600, Kelly D. Grills wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 03, 2009 at 11:51:15PM -0500, stan wrote:
> >
> > Looking at the doc, you referenced, it appears that I should be able to
> > connect to beachcave.net/install.php
> >
> > Doing so resluts in:
> >
> > The requested URL /install.php was not found on this server.
> >

> No, you should be able to access:
> http://beachcave.net/ampache/install.php
>
> I just did.

Thanks, I supose I had a typo somewhere. I apreciate all the help with
this.

Ubfortunately  I am still confused. It appears that there are 3 levels of
username/password involved here:

1. OS
2. MySQL
3. Ampache

Is this correct?

In any case, this is where I am. Loged in as the OS root user, I am able to
atach to Mysql and I have run the following commands:

create databse ampache ;
use ampache ;
GRANT ALL ON ampache to ampache_user ;

Is this correct? So I should have a Mysql user called ampache_user that can
access the ampache database, correct?

So. I am at step 3 in the web based setup, and trying to proced to step 3,
but I get an error about "Database Selection Failure Check Existance of
ampache "

The /usr/local/www/ampache/config directory permisons look like this:

drwxr-xr-x   2 www   www   512 Jan  3 23:47 config

Apache should be running as www, if I am not mistaken.

after re-reading the MySQL docs, I changed the grant to:

GRANT ALL ON ampache to 'ampache_user'@'localhost' ;

and now when I try to go to step 3 I get:

Error: Config file not found or Unreadable

Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong now?

Sorry for my ignorance in the use of MySQL etc.

programs.