Nice web interface or music?

stan stanb at panix.com
Fri Jan 2 07:24:18 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 01, 2009 at 06:15:15PM -0800, George Hartzell wrote:

> In addition to the java clients, you can also go lower tech. and try this:
>
>   http://www.ex-parrot.com/~pdw/slimp3slave/
>
> or even the lower tech comment from that web site:
>
>   [...] to running mpg123 http://slimserver:9000/stream.mp3

I am begining to think, from this and some other replies that I have
ecieved, that I was not clear in my original question. Let me clarify.

What I am looking for is a package, that will allow remote users to access
MP#'s stored on my machine, from a web based interface, that presents the
files in an organized fashion. I think that the remote userrs should be
able to "play" these files using the built in capabilites of thier web
browser to send the files to an appropriate program running on thier local
machine (EG Winamp). In addition, I want these userrs to be able to
downlaod the MP3's to thier local machine, so that they can put them on
thier local laptop, or Ipod, or whatever.

Is this clearer?
programs.