openoffice-3.0.1 broken on FreeBSD

Jon jon-bsd at comcast.net
Tue Feb 24 20:11:51 PST 2009

Marco Beishuizen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Trying to run OO-3.0.1 crashes OO with the following error messages and
> ends into and enless loop trying to restart and crashing again:
> (soffice:2726): Gtk-WARNING **: GtkSpinButton: setting an adjustment
> with non-zero page size is deprecated Xlib:  extension "Generic Event
> Extension" missing on display ":0.0". Xlib:  extension "Generic Event
> Extension" missing on display ":0.0". Xlib:  extension "Generic Event
> Extension" missing on display ":0.0". Xlib:  extension "Generic Event
> Extension" missing on display ":0.0". Xlib:  extension "Generic Event
> Extension" missing on display ":0.0". Xlib:  extension "Generic Event
> Extension" missing on display ":0.0". Xlib:  extension "Generic Event
> Extension" missing on display ":0.0". Xlib:  extension "Generic Event
> Extension" missing on display ":0.0". Xlib:  extension "Generic Event
> Extension" missing on display ":0.0". Xlib:  extension "Generic Event
> Extension" missing on display ":0.0".
>
> I'm running FreeBSD-7.1-stable with x.org 7.4 with Gnome 2.24.
> anyone an idea?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Marco

Have you had any success getting openoffice working?  I have a similar
problem with xorg 7.4 and openoffice.org-000310_m1.  Upon attempting to
run openoffice, I get:
$ openoffice.org-OOO310_m1
Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".
$

I get no errors, feedback, or dumped cores to let me know what went
wrong, but it doesn't launch.

If anyone has any info or things to attempt, I'd be glad to hear it.

Thanks,
Jon