Current - USB2 - cups and lp devices.

eculp at casasponti.net eculp at casasponti.net
Tue Feb 24 08:41:23 PST 2009

I just rebooted my laptop that I have today's USB2 hopefully with the
latest USB compatibility, if I understood the GENERIC kernel
correctly.  I'm using i386 version, up to date as of this morning.
Ports are completely up to date.  all etc/dev* stuff is as it was with
USB1.

With localhost:631 I see Unable to open device file "/dev/ulpt0":
Operation not permitted.  Probably because, there ain't none.  Is
there something else that I need to do that I didn't do before?

This isn't critical.  I probably print only a few pages a week but I
do want it to work when something is critical.

Thanks,

ed

P.S.  Maybe this should be posted on another list rather than questions?