hi

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Mon Feb 23 16:15:41 PST 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 04:09:51PM -0500, Jerry wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 12:50:41 -0700
> Chad Perrin <perrin at apotheon.com> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> >I can see both sides of this argument.  Maybe we need to split up
> >FreeBSD documentation into two domains, similarly to the way FreeBSD
> >software is split into two domains (core and ports) -- and thus have a
> >place outside the FreeBSD handbook for the same,
> >more-than-professional quality of documentation, but covering things
> >we wouldn't be comfortable putting in the FreeBSD Handbook itself.
>
> Specifically, what is it we are uncomfortable putting in the handbook?
> More importantly, what good is a handbook if it is not complete? Would
> the documentation be cross indexed so a user could find more details on
> a particular subject? Personally, while perfectly plausible, it sounds
> like more work than it is worth.

Did you miss the part where Giorgos Keramidas objected to adding a
context specific hack to the FreeBSD Handbook because that would give it
the appearance of official sanction?

--
Chad Perrin [ content licensed OWL: http://owl.apotheon.org ]
Quoth Bjarne Stroustrup: "An ugly operation should have an ugly