hp TC4200 tablet

prad prad at towardsfreedom.com
Mon Feb 23 10:52:52 PST 2009

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 18:28:19 +0100
Roland Smith <rsmith at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> > he has switched to fbsd7.1 and installed
> > /usr/ports/x11-drivers/input-wacom
> > it was compiled without usb support since the tablet uses a serial
> > connection.
>
> Are you sure this has a Wacom compatible tablet?

presumably it is the same driver that works perfectly on linux.

> > is there anyway to find out if the tablet is actually being
> > recognized?
>
> Check if /dev/ttyd0 really exists. Also check dmesg output to see if
> the device is recognized.

here we have a curious problem.
/dev/ttyd0 is there in the /dev directory.
dmesq puts out the following for sio:
sio0: configured irq 4 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio0: port may not be enabled
sio0: configured irq 4 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio0: port may not be enabled
sio0 at port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 flags 0x10 on isa0
sio0: type 8250 or not responding
sio0: [FILTER]
sio1: configured irq 3 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio1: port may not be enabled

now we don't understand how the sio stuff relates to the /dev/ttyd0
and /dev/cuad0

> The input-wacom driver comes with a couple of programs (see
> /usr/ports/x11-drivers/input-wacom/pkg-plist) that might be helpfull
> as well, e.g. xsetwacom.

thank you.  we just tried a wacdump on /dev/ttyd0 from x and console -
both times the entire system froze.  what this suggests, i think, is
that the kernel thinks there is nothing there at ttyd0 - in other
words, the tablet's existence has not been picked up by the kernel.

we are presently looking at netbsd where the tablet is supposed to
work. may be we can find out something about how the kernel is done
differently there.

--
In friendship,
prad

                                      ... with you on your journey
Towards Freedom
http://www.towardsfreedom.com (website)
Information, Inspiration, Imagination - truly a site for soaring I's