LDAP pam

Maciej Milewski milu at dat.pl
Mon Feb 23 05:17:53 PST 2009

Monday 23 February 2009 10:37:19 Olivier Nicole napisał(a):
> I want the web server to be able to know the users' account stored on
> LDAP, but not provide authentication; so I can have URL's of the form
> http://my.web/~john/index.html for the user john, where john's home
> directory if NFS mounted from the file server, but I don't want john
> to be able to log onto the web server.
> Of course certain users will be allowed to log onto the web server.
> How can this be done with LDAP and PAM.
> TIA,
> Olivier
If you don't want to let users logon to server through SSH you can use
DenyUsers/AllowUsers directive in sshd_config
As for LDAP and PAM/system there should be some howtos on the net. Shortly:
you will need to install nss_ldap and pam_ldap and setup it correctly to get
users from ldap showing in your system.

Maciek