NanoBSD :: smallest image size

Paul Procacci pprocacci at datapipe.com
Thu Feb 19 07:47:33 PST 2009

Wojciech Puchar wrote:
>> I have an old machine I just acquired that I was thinking of replacing my
>> current FreeBSD firewall/router with.  It's a Celeron 500+ Mhz machine with
>>

> quite powerfull machine, it will run smoothly full FreeBSD installed on
> hard drive. i think it's much better solution.

Yeah, I realize it's more powerful than necessary to handle the
task...though my current firewall/router is a 860+ Mhz PIII w/ 128 Megs
of ram.  So, this would be a downgrade for my current firewall/router
which allows me to repurpose the existing machine for something more
computationally expensive.

Still though, I like information requested on nanoBSD (can it fit on a
floppy), and how if booting off a usb stick is doable.  I imagine this
has to do with later bios's...or not?

Thanks!