Top Posting Mania [was Re: FreeBSD 7.O compiled code is very slow]

GESBBB gesbbb at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 19 06:06:16 PST 2009

> From: Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au

[snip]

> Woj, I'm really surprised that you, of all people, seem lately to have
> been converted to the Micro$oft Outlock-trained style of top-posting,
> including tail-quoting all sorts irrelevant and repeated trailers etc,
> after years of your (almost too- :) concise postings.
>
> This list is getting very hard to follow as a digest anymore, when half
> of it or more is re-re-repeated overtailquoting of irrelevant trivia.
> Please come back from the dark side ..

1) MS Outlook is not the only MUA that defaults to 'TOP POSTING'.

2) It is configurable in the newer versions

3) The lack of effort by many posters to trim a message prior to sending is equally annoying.

4) The insertion of legally unenforceable disclaimers, etc. is another big waste of space.

5) The use of HTML mail in a mail forum is absurd; however, it is commonly done (GMail).

6) One of my 'Pet Peeves": Morons who change a thread's subject rather than start a new one.

--
Jerry