console-kit-daemon errors

manish jain invalid.pointer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 01:37:14 PST 2009

Hi,

Please ignore my previous message "Problem with dbus and hald on
FreeBSD-7.1". I added dbus_enable=YES and hald_enable=YES in
/etc/rc.conf. This solved the earlier problems, giving way to a new one.

Now I am getting the following problem when I try to start gnome :

console-kit-daemon[1085]: GLib-CRITICAL: g_hash_table_lookup: assertion
`hash_table != NULL' failed
console-kit-daemon[1085]: GLib-CRITICAL: g_hash_table_destroy: assertion
`hash_table != NULL' failed

The message keeps getting repeatedly. Gnome gets stuck during startup
while displaying item 2 (The Panel) on the startup-logo splash screen
for nearly 5 minutes.

Does anyone know how to get around this ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Manish Jain
invalid.pointer at gmail.com