printer hp officejet pro k8600

prad prad at towardsfreedom.com
Tue Feb 17 23:26:50 PST 2009

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 23:09:26 -0800
Rem P Roberti <remegius at comcast.net> wrote:

> Do you have devfs.rules in your /etc directory that has this contained
> within:
>
> [system=10]
> add path 'unlpt*' mode 0660 group cups
> add path 'ulpt*' mode 0660 group cups
> add path 'lpt*' mode 0660 group cups
>
> There is a whole permissions thing that has to be correct or cups
> won't play.

i don't have a /etc/devfs.rules only a /etc/devfs.conf
our lexmark T616 works just fine though through cups.

i can put /etc/devfs.rules in, but would i require a reboot afterwards?

--
In friendship,
prad

                                      ... with you on your journey
Towards Freedom
http://www.towardsfreedom.com (website)
Information, Inspiration, Imagination - truly a site for soaring I's