printer hp officejet pro k8600

Rem P Roberti remegius at comcast.net
Tue Feb 17 19:44:11 PST 2009

> > then i untar it and try ./configure and i get
> > configure: error: "cannot find libjpeg support"
> >
> > however using make search key=libjpeg (or libjpg) i couldn't find it.
> > even though this post seems to suggest that it exists somewhere
> >
> i seem to be a bit closer now.
> according to this post:
> http://markmail.org/message/4t5uh4ofneagkiuz
>
> libjpeg is linux-jpeg in freebsd and is already installed as
> linux-jpeg-6b.34
>
> now the question is whether i can use the
> hplip-2.8.12 ball
> which is really for linux through emulation.
>
> or does anyone know how to get freebsd7 to install a sufficiently
> advanced hplip-2.7.10+ so that it will work with the hp officejet pro
> k8600?

Is there a ppd for this printer?  If there is forget about hplip.
Download the ppd and plug it in via the cups localhost page.  Even if
there is no ppd for that specific printer you can probably find a ppd
that will work.  I have an HP Photosmart Pro9180 for which there are no
available ppd's, but I found one that works fine.  You do have to make
sure that you have all of the foomatic files installed.

--Rem