Logcheck dependency hell

n j nino80 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 10:51:11 PST 2009

(sorry for the previous mail)

> The Makefile says:
> So I'll bet some money that it's docbook.

Correct.

> Does it improve if you add these to /etc/make.conf:

No, the result is exactly the same.

> # finddep.php security/logcheck x11/xorg-libraries
> /usr/ports/textproc/docbook-to-man: /usr/local/libdata/xorg/libraries
> => /usr/ports/x11/xorg-libraries

Mel, thanks for the script. What bothers me, however, is that I've
checked the Makefile and didn't find any reference to xorg/x11
libraries - the only dependencies listed in textproc/docbook-to-man
are:

RUN_DEPENDS=    nsgmls:${PORTSDIR}/textproc/jade
(no xorg-libraries dependency there)
RUN_DEPENDS+=   ${LOCALBASE}/share/sgml/docbook:${PORTSDIR}/textproc/docbook

Even worse,

egrep -ri "(xorg|x11)" *

in /usr/ports/textproc/docbook-to-man returns zero matches.

The point is, I really don't have a clue where docbook-to-man pulls
that xorg-libraries dependency from. I'd appreciate any pointers in
the proper direction...

P.S. On a rambling note, it seems docbook-to-man is used just to
convert the sgml help files to man format. Installing half of the xorg
libraries for a bit of text processing seems like a big overkill given
that logcheck being installed is practically a shell script. In fact,
I pulled the source directly and tried to compile it myself, but
FreeBSD is missing liblockfile library to properly build it (probably
the reason port has the dependency on procmail/lock).

Thanks,
--
Nino