OT console based editor that can do php syntax highlighting

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sat Feb 14 11:33:37 PST 2009

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 12:27:02 -0000, "Simon Griffiths" <simon.griffiths at tenenbaum.co.uk> wrote:
> So can anyone recommend an editor that can do this ?  I did try vim some
> time ago but being a novice in these areas I couldn't get the syntax file to
> load and help on the web confusing or indecipherable.

Joe's own editor (joe) now supports syntax highlightin,
as well as VI improved (vim). The editor of the Midnight
Commander (mcedit) is my individual program of choice,
allthough I needed to modify the syntax files to fit
my imaginations, just as I created new ones. :-)

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany
Happy FreeBSD user since 4.0