confontation

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Fri Feb 13 15:02:26 PST 2009

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 01:07:00PM -0800, prad wrote:
> i need greek letters for math work.
>
> latex has the fonts of course, but i don't have the \mu \ro etc on
> regular programs such as inkscape.
> i've installed texcm-ttf, but only go a couple of greek letters.
> mathfonts don't install and i'm really not sure that mathmatica fonts
> are what i require anyway.
>
> there doesn't seem to be a greek letters in ports.
>
> any suggestions?

	guys,

	i hope this isn't TOO  far off-topic, but is there an any that let you
	create mathematical symbols on a GUI frame?  my handwriting left-handed is
	(and has been) lousy.  in college i created my own method of typinf symbols
	on my typewriter.  eg. to depict the integral from 0 to 2-pi was:

	b=0/t=2pi where the slash represente the long S-shape integral symbol.

	now that graphs are pretty easy to drop-and-drag, are there any math symbols
	tools that allow manipulation of greek (and roman) characters to actually do
	math with?  or is this still aways off...?

	gary

    The 2.23a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php